Re: st: How can I do a weighted logit?

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: How can I do a weighted logit?
Date   Fri, 01 Aug 2008 09:00:54 -0500

At 03:21 PM 7/30/2008, Yulia Marchenko, StataCorp LP wrote:
Analytic weights, -aweights-, are used to represent the cell-means data and,
thus, do not have meaningful interpretation with binary-response data.  As
Maarten mentioned, only -fweights-, -iweights-, and -pweigths- may be used
with -logit-.  Although never documented, -aweights- were allowed with -logit-
prior to Stata's version 9.1, at which time they were removed because of their
I generally find that Stata is much much smarter than I am and that I should trust its judgment. If, however, I absolutely positively felt that aweights or some other option was legitimate, it often wouldn't be that hard just to make a copy of the program, rename it, and add support for the feature.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu

* For searches and help try: