Re: st: RE: Positivity

From   "Teresa Linz" <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Positivity
Date   Tue, 29 Jul 2008 20:45:03 +0200

Yes that is exactly what I mean. I have heard that this reparamrisation is quite complicated in Stata, is that right? How can I do it in detail?
Thank you for your answer so far

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 18:49:32 +0100
"Nick Cox" <> wrote:

If you mean: How can I ensure that I get positive estimates for
coefficients I expect to be positive, the answer is to reparametrise in
terms of logarithms.
Otherwise, please expand on this question.

Teresa Linz

And I have another question; does anybody know how I could programme positivity for some coefficients in Stata?

* For searches and help try:

Teresa Linz, M.Sc.

Junior Researcher

Center for Development Research