st: mlogit and outreg after mlogit

From   Dilek Cetin <>
Subject   st: mlogit and outreg after mlogit
Date   Mon, 28 Jul 2008 16:54:44 +0300

Dear statalisters

I have two problems with multinomial logit estimation.

1. I run the first regression, mlogit y x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 x6 x7 .... x20
then I run the second regressin which is mlogit y x1 x2 x3 x7 ... x20 x4 x5 zx6

In the second regression the coefficents, standart errors and significance levels are totally different.

Even if I have tried the robust estimation, the problem still exists.

In the multinomial logit estimation why the order of the independents are matter???

2. When I used the outreg command after mlogit in my desktop, I have 4 categories in the output file (y=1, ...,5 - outcome(1) is the base outcome). When I used this command in my laptop, I have only one category in the output file. How can I solve this problem?

All the best

* For searches and help try: