Re: st: MIME-Version: 1.0

From   "Alan Neustadtl" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: MIME-Version: 1.0
Date   Sat, 26 Jul 2008 09:09:47 -0400

One method is to use the postestimation command "adjust".  Enter "help
adjust" at the command line.  For example:

sysuse auto, clear
reg  mpg price weight displacement foreign
adjust
adjust weight=2242.2654
adjust weight=2242.2654, by(foreign)

The first adjust evaluates the model for the overall mean.  The second
evaluates the model when weight is one standard deviation below the
mean (i.e. 2242.2654), and the last example constrains weight to be
equal to one sd below the mean and evaluates the model for foreign and
domestic cars.

Best,
Alan