st: svy: tabulate or proportions

From   "Chao Yawo" <>
Subject   st: svy: tabulate or proportions
Date   Fri, 25 Jul 2008 15:01:06 -0400

I am using svy commands to analyze a DHS dataset.

As a usual prerequisite, I want to run some descriptive statistics on
my sample.  I can use the regular tabulate or fre command to produce
frequency distributions.

However, I realized that svy has a "tabulate" or "proportions" option
that could produce frequency distributions/estimates per variable.  I
run both and realized slight differences between the two frequencies

Which one should I use - I am leaning towards using the one with the
svy: prefix.

I would appreciate any thoughts and pointers.

thanks - CY.