R: st: RE: cragg-donal test for weak instruments with heteroskedasticity

From   sara borelli <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   R: st: RE: cragg-donal test for weak instruments with heteroskedasticity
Date   Fri, 25 Jul 2008 15:58:21 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Professor Shaffer,

I am sorry to ask you further,and such a long question, but I want to be sure that I understand correctly. Thus, from my understanding, I have two options:

Either I run ivreg2 and get the The K-P statitsics, and then compare it to the tabulated values of Staiger and Stock(2002),
Or I explicitly estimate the reduced forms for the two endogenous variables, compute the F-tests for the excluded instruments in each reduced form and compare those to 10. Is this correct?

Since both options are not going to give me the "perfect" answer, I wanted to do it in both ways, and see what happens, but after installing ivreg2 and ranktest, I am not able to get the first stage K-P statistics or the cragg donald statistics. After running
ivreg2 y x (y1 y2=z1 z2), ffirst robust
Stata reports only the first stage F (which is not even robust) and the shea statistics, nothing more.
Is it possible that this happens because I do not have the appropriate stata version to obtain K-P or Cragg Donald? I am currently using Stata 8. I have also access to Stata 10, but there ivreg2 does not work, and it seems that K-P is a special feature of ivreg2 and not of ivregress. Is this what is going on?

Thank you very much for your help
Sara