st: How to report two normally distributed variables with a correlation structure?

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: How to report two normally distributed variables with a correlation structure?
Date   Tue, 22 Jul 2008 14:10:06 -0300 (BRT)

Dear Statalisters,

I have used Stata to generate bivariate normally distruted variables.
Instead of using a covariance matrix, I imput a correlation matrix. For
example,

set obs 1000
matrix COR = (1,0.95\0.95,1)
matrix SD = (20,10)
matrix MEANS = (120, 100)
drawnorm x y, means(MEANS) sds(SD) corr(COR)

In this respect, I would like to know how does one report this procedure
in terms of statistical notation. I mean, what would be the most correct
way to report it, since I don�t work with a covariance matrix, which would
facilitate a lot statistical notation for non-statisticians like me. I
have used:

(Y1,Y2) ~BVN(mu1,mu1,sig1^,sig2^2,rho), as a single vector. Is that correct?

All the best,

Tiago