Re: st: Is there a kind of stochasticity in the execution ofxthtaylor?

From   Hewan Belay <[email protected]>
To   Stata List <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Is there a kind of stochasticity in the execution ofxthtaylor?
Date   Fri, 18 Jul 2008 08:19:48 -0700 (PDT)

Dear David,

Thanks for your insights. At other times I have always wondered how stata makes the choice as to which collinear variable to drop, and the "toggling" problem I encountered with -xthtaylor- forced me to confront this question more directly.

Just to clarify, in response to some of your comments below: The different results I get upon running the same -xthtaylor- command come about even though I run no other command inbetween the -xthtaylor- runs.

I have sent you privately my dataset and the specific command. I look forward to your further thoughts upon trying this out on the data.

Best
Hewan