[no subject]

And I agree with the sentiments in Patrick Gaule's post to the list just
now, which applied here mean that you shouldn't worry about testing for
heteroskedasticity, and should just use cluster-robust SEs.  That said,
there is an important caveat, which is that you need to have a decent
number of clusters for this to work reasonably well.  See Austin
Nichols' various posts to Statalist on this.

Cheers,
Mark

Prof. Mark Schaffer
Director, CERT
Department of Economics
School of Management & Languages
Heriot-Watt University
Edinburgh EH14 4AS
tel +44-131-451-3494 / fax +44-131-451-3296
http://ideas.repec.org/e/psc51.html