Re: st: local/global macro in regression

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: local/global macro in regression
Date   Thu, 17 Jul 2008 07:04:45 +0100 (BST)

--- Andrea Bennett <> wrote:
> However, these local macros seem to be available only during the
> execution of the do-file. Whenever I want to refer to these macros
> via the console it doesn't work anymore. <snip> I know I could work
> with global macros but I would prefer to have something like session
> macros so that I could also use them via console but which would then
> get deleted when clearing the memory

No, a run of a .do-file is in Stata defined as a session, so when the
.do-file is done the session ended and the local macro ceased to exist.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081