st: recode & set old label value

From   Andrea Bennett <>
Subject   st: recode & set old label value
Date   Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:07:07 +0200

Dear all,

In my case I have to merge two data sets while both of them contain a ID variable which is numerical but has label values applied. Now, there is an error in the coding for one data set resulting in a shift of 10 in the ID variable, e.g. ID in data set 1 is 781 while ID in data set 2 is 791. Now, it's easy to change the coding but is there a way to automatically re-apply the correct label values after having changed the ID coding?

Many thanks for your considerations,

* For searches and help try: