RE: st: re: building a 'dream' stata desktop setup

From   "Verkuilen, Jay" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: re: building a 'dream' stata desktop setup
Date   Tue, 8 Jul 2008 15:06:31 -0400

William Gould wrote:

>I suspect David is imagining that all that was required to produce
>was recompiling Stata by specifying a compiler option and then selling
>product.  If that were the case, I would agree with David. <snip>

This lines up with what I heard from the Matlab developers when asked
about why the multiprocessor version was taking a long time. The bottom
line was essentially "We could release a quick version, but it would
severely disappoint you."