Re: st: RE: connection to Stata

From   "natalie chan" <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: connection to Stata
Date   Sun, 6 Jul 2008 14:39:05 +0100

The detailed message is like this:

ssc install xml_tab

connection timed out -- see help r(2) for troubleshooting either
  1)  is not a valid URL, or
  2)  could not be contacted, or
  3)  is not a Stata download site (has no stata.toc file).

current site is still

I changed the limit of timeout, but still it did not work. Or
sometimes just popped up a window saying there is an error, choose
"send the error" or "don't send".

I tried other commands, the same things happened.

I also tried with my old Stata 9.2, also the same things happened.

Is there any problem with Stata or my network connection?

Many thanks.