Re: st: a stat question

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: a stat question
Date   Sat, 5 Jul 2008 12:40:38 -0400

Walt,

I think that you are right to be concerned. I would like to know more about comparability of sampled populations and of key measurements between old and new surveys.

1. Was there multi-stage probability sampling for both old and new surveys (cities as PSU's for example? If so, were the target populations the same?

2. Are the questions on the key variables are identical in both questionnaries? Do the questions differ in their placement and order? Did the questionnaires differ in length? Was there any calibration of old and new questions?

3. Were previous analyses appropriate to finite-population designs (e.g. standard errors based primarily on the number of PSU's?)

-Steve