st: re: xtpmg installation

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: re: xtpmg installation
Date   Thu, 3 Jul 2008 11:34:28 -0400

< >
Grant reports

I want to install and use xtpmg. However the 'ssc install xtpmg' command does not seem to work. Any suggestions ?

I assume that Grant is trying to do this on campus at University of Glasgow. Having visited that esteemed institution a couple of years ago, I can confirm that no Stata 'net' command (-ssc-, -net from-, - update-, -adoupdate-) will work at the University unless you use the Proxy Settings to define the University's proxy server. This is common to many UK (and some Australian) universities. Thankfully computer security staff in US unis have not generally caused this difficulty.

Kit

http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html

* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/