Re: st: RE: montecarlo simulations with actual distributions

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: montecarlo simulations with actual distributions
Date   Wed, 2 Jul 2008 12:39:32 +0100 (BST)

--- Martin Weiss <> wrote:
> - h simulate - is for you.

-simulate- can be a real help in these cases. All that is left is
creating random samples from the observed data. This can be done using
the -bsample- command, see -help bsample-. Alternatively, what you want
is close to the bootstrap, instead that the aim of this excersice is
probably not to estimate the standard error/confidence interval, but to
look in some other way at the distribution of the results estimated in
the different samples. You can do that using -bootstrap- with the
-saving()- option.

-- maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam