Re: st: problem in uploading data into Stata - data "changes"

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: problem in uploading data into Stata - data "changes"
Date   Tue, 1 Jul 2008 14:30:10 -0400

I agree with Nick and would personally treat the identifiers as
"string".  You can separate var1 and var2 using the -substr-
function. Perhaps the failure of -infix- to read your data and the
StatTransfer's conversion of the "first column" to string are both
caused by the presence of an alpha or hidden character.

-Steve

Steven Samuels
845-246-0774
18 Cantine's Island