st: RE: clorenz syntax

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: clorenz syntax
Date   Mon, 30 Jun 2008 18:27:17 +0100

-clorenz- is a user-written program from SSC. (As I often point out, you
are asked to explain where user-written programs you refer to come

I've not used it ever, but a glance at the help file indicates that
there is no way that it will support your syntax. The syntax is of
standard form

syntax varlist [, <options> ]

so that I do not know why you expect it to support

syntax (varlist , <options>) (varlist, <options>)

The program also seems to lack some standard features (e.g. support for
-if- or -in-) and to be written in sub-standard style (e.g. uses
variable names that may already be in use).

I suggest that you check out -glcurve- by Philippe van Kerm and Stephen
Jenkins on SSC.
That's well written, well documented and well supported.

Shehzad Ali

Maybe I am doing something wrong with the syntax here. I am trying to
the difference between concentration curves using - clorenz -. Can I
two differences on the same graph? Here is what I am trying to do but am
getting syntax error.

clorenz (x1 y1, hweight(weight) rank(rank1) dif(c1)) (x2 y2,
rank(rank2) dif(c1))