Re: st: svy prefix with oheckman command

From   "Stas Kolenikov" <>
Subject   Re: st: svy prefix with oheckman command
Date   Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:48:42 -0500

At your own risk, you can try to edit the code and provide -svy-
option in -program define- statement. If that does not work, you are
by and large out of luck.

I would not put terribly high expectations on -oheckman-. Heckman's
model is fragile enough with the bivariate normality assumptions and
identifiability restrictions, but at least it has a clear
interpretation. Putting the threshould structure on selection equation
looks a little weird to me, and identification is probably a
nightmare. If that's a way to run a mixture model, then there are
probably better ways to do that.

On 6/30/08, <> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I am trying to run the oheckman command with survey data.  I get an error
>  when I use the svy command with oheckman.  Does anyone know how to make the
>  oheckman command compatible with survey data (svy: command)
>  Thank you,

Stas Kolenikov, also found at

Small print: Please do not reply to my Gmail address as I don't check
it regularly.