st: labels on bar graphs

From   Richard Goldstein <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: labels on bar graphs
Date   Sun, 29 Jun 2008 16:53:18 -0400

Hi:

I need to produce a sizable number of bar graphs for a client. The client wants the y-axis to be labeled as, e.g., "15%" rather than as, e.g., .15. The range of proportions for these graphs varies quite a bit (from a max of less than .05 to a max of over .2) so I don't want to force them all to be the same.

After seeing a graph, it is easy enough to use the ylabel option to get what I want. Given that I am generally willing to live with Stata's automatic choice of tick marks, is there a way to automatically get labels in the form I want (e.g., "15%") rather than the way Stata wants (e.g., .15)?

Thanks,

Rich
*
* For searches and help try: