RE: st: Running 32 Bit Stata IC 10 on 64 Bit Stata

From   "S. Joseph Kim" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Running 32 Bit Stata IC 10 on 64 Bit Stata
Date   Sat, 28 Jun 2008 20:10:35 +0000

I ran into a similar problem and I was told by technical support that 32-bit Stata will not run on a 64-bit machine.  Ultimately, I had to purchase the 64-bit version of Stata for my 64-bit desk-top computer.

Best,
Joe

> Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 11:17:09 -0700
> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: st: Running 32 Bit Stata IC 10 on 64 Bit Stata
>
> I currently use a 32 bit version of Stata IC/10 on my Windows XP computer.
>
> I am purchasing a new computer with Vista as the operating system, and
> I would like to buy the 64 bit version. Unfortunately, I cannot
> upgrade (at this time) my version of Stata to the 64 bit version.
>
> Does anyone have any experience installing the 32 bit version of Stata
> IC/10 on a 64 bit version of Vista? If so, have you noticed any
> performance problems?
> *
> * For searches and help try:
> * http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/findit.html
> * http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/

Find hidden words, unscramble celebrity names, or try the ultimate crossword puzzle with Live Search Games. Play now!
http://g.msn.ca/ca55/212