Re: st: RE: a simple macro problem

From   "Eva Poen" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: a simple macro problem
Date   Sat, 28 Jun 2008 17:45:25 +0100

Martin,

Make that

local dvar=" gov\`j' totalassets"

and it ought to work. Note the backslash character right in front of
`j'. In Stata, the backslash is an escape character, and prevents the
immediate substitution of the macro. Compare this:

local j 1
di " this is macro `j' "
di " this is macro \`j' "

Eva