st: how to retain a complicated subset of data

From   Maghais SK <>
Subject   st: how to retain a complicated subset of data
Date   Fri, 27 Jun 2008 14:32:49 -0700 (PDT)

I have a dataset on households of parents with kids, and parents without kids. I only want to keep the data of parents and their kids. For instance in the example below, I wish to keep only the first household(parents with 2 kids) and drop the other households. Is there any easy way of doing this? The keep and drop command works for individual observations. But I need to keep all the household members if the household has kids. Thank you

HHID   Number in household
001    1 (father)
001    2 (mother)
001    3 (child)