st: help with xtserial

From   Erik Lakomaa <>
Subject   st: help with xtserial
Date   Thu, 26 Jun 2008 17:23:54 +0200

Dear all

I have a problem using the Xtseial test for autocorrelation.

I have a panel data model and the xtreg command works

tsset city year

xtreg a b c d, fe

xtserial a b c d

That gives

"no observations

Can you help me out?

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Austin
Sent: den 26 juni 2008 16:38
Subject: Re: st: RE: Problem with METAN (forest plot)...

You can just make your own graph using the variables created by -metan-:

    By default, metan adds the following new variables to the dataset:

        _ES        Effect size (ES)
        _seES      Standard error of ES
        _selogES   Standard error of log ES
        _LCI       Lower confidence limit for ES
        _UCI       Upper confidence limit for ES
        _WT        Study percentage weight
        _SS        Study sample size

and use the -xscale(log)- option and any others you like in the graph

use, clear
replace tmean=tm+10
metan tsample tmean tsd csample cmean csd, by(type_study)
gsort type_study -id
g nid=_n
loc o "leg(off) yti(" ") yli(10.5) barw(.01) horiz color(gray white)
forv i=1/20 {
loc o `"`o' , angle(0))"'
tw spike _UCI _LCI nid, `o' || sc nid _ES, name(notlog)
tw spike _UCI _LCI nid, xsc(log) `o' || sc nid _ES, xsc(log)