RE: st: frequency of continuous variables

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: frequency of continuous variables
Date   Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:22:32 +0100

More generally, there are at least two ways to do this.

First, produce a new classified variable and then -tabulate- it.

The example here could have been

gen upper = 10 * ceil(wage / 10)
tab upper

Second, produce a table on the fly. -tabcond- on SSC has some limited functionality
in this respect.

Martin Weiss

-egen, cut- is for you. -ta- afterwards..