st: Advanced use of the shell command

From   Roy Wada <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Advanced use of the shell command
Date   Thu, 26 Jun 2008 00:53:47 -0700

>I have three questions regarding the use of the shell command in Stata
>for Windows. This is rather technical, and might be interested to just
>a few readers, but I would really want to know the answers.

-shellout- might take you halfway there. The codes are posted here:

http://datasets.org/statalist/archive/2007-11/msg00923.html
http://datasets.org/statalist/archive/2007-11/msg00990.html

Note that "<" is a way to upload predefined parameters from a text file.

Someone told me it doesn't work on a Windows clone running on Linux.
It works fine on my Windows XP machine.

The latest version on SSC (bundled under -outreg2-) comes with a
help file.

Roy

http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/connect_your_way.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_messenger_062008