st: Advanced use of the shell command

From   Roy Wada <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Advanced use of the shell command
Date   Thu, 26 Jun 2008 00:53:47 -0700

>I have three questions regarding the use of the shell command in Stata
>for Windows. This is rather technical, and might be interested to just
>a few readers, but I would really want to know the answers.

-shellout- might take you halfway there. The codes are posted here:

Note that "<" is a way to upload predefined parameters from a text file.

Someone told me it doesn't work on a Windows clone running on Linux.
It works fine on my Windows XP machine.

The latest version on SSC (bundled under -outreg2-) comes with a
help file.