Re: st: RE: Countvariables/Poisson Regression in heterogeneous choicemodels

From   "Sebastian Sattler" <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Countvariables/Poisson Regression in heterogeneous choicemodels
Date   Tue, 24 Jun 2008 23:32:21 +0200

Hello Jay,
thanks for your fast answer.

I still read something about poisson/negative binomial regression analysis and the "poisson"/"nbreg"-commands in the Long book.

My problem is an adequate group comparision of coefficients (in different models; or with a pooled dataset using interactions of the group variable and all other independent variables).

I have three different studies and I want to compare the results between them.

I do not know any procedure which gives me unbiased estimates.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 17:16:10 -0400
> Von: "Verkuilen, Jay" <>
> Betreff: st: RE: Countvariables/Poisson Regression in hetergenous choice models

> Sebastian Sattler wrote:
> >Hi everybody, I am searching a procedure which helps me to estimate the
> networksize of respondents (count variable).>
> You should probably read up on count regression and its various
> relatives, e.g. truncated count regression (for your limited range
> control for rates. The Stata Press book by J. S. Long and J. Freese
> (2005), Regression Models for Categorical and Limited Dependent
> Variables with Stata, 2nd Edition, is a good place to look.
> Ordinal regression models aren't really appropriate for counts.
> JV
> *
> *   For searches and help try:
> *