st: RE: Lincom after sepov

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Lincom after sepov
Date   Tue, 24 Jun 2008 14:32:43 +0100

Standard advice for this list (more usually ignored than not) is to say where user-written stuff you are using comes from.

-sepov- has this source

STB-51  sg117 . . Robust std errors for Foster-Greer-Thorbecke poverty indices
        (help sepov if installed) . . . . . . . .  D. Jolliffe and A. Semykina
        9/99    pp.34--36; STB Reprints Vol 9, pp.200--203
        provides estimates of standard errors for the Foster-Greer-
        Thorbecke class of poverty indices; handles complex survey
        designs including stratification and multi-stages

and evidently the authors have moved since then.

A Google for Dean Jolliffe seems to yield a direct hit. I don't know Dean and have no way of knowing whether he still supports -sepov-.

But the code remains accessible. -viewsource sepov.ado- and you can look at the code and have a stab at answering your own question. You will see that your statement is not quite correct. -epov- is not eclass and does not store anything in e(). Whatever e(V) you see is left over from -svymean-, or so I guess. This may help you move forward.

Joao Ricardo F. Lima

I'm writing because I want an advice. I'm using sepov to get FGT
indexes for two variables. After estimation I would like to compare if
the results are statistical different. I am trying to use "lincom",
but unsucessfull because sepov stores in e(V) only the estimation for
the last variable, isn�t it?

I am doing this:

sepov var1 var2 , p(pl) psu (psu) strat (strat) ci meff

And I would like something like this

lincom p0[var1] - p0[var2]

How can I do this? Is there another way to test if the values of FGT
indexes are the same?

I wrote to sepov authors, but their email address change.

The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 5.1.1 Mailbox
<[email protected]> does not exist (state 14).