st: A beginner's trouble with dates

From   "Eduardo Palencia" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: A beginner's trouble with dates
Date   Mon, 23 Jun 2008 22:57:58 +0200

I am building a database of daily activity in an ICU, and each day I
have a new row. I am planning to analize data by month. My variable
"date" is double, and has the format %tc.
I want to extract the month of the date in a new variable, "ICUmonth", this way:

generate ICUmonth=month(date)

Variable ICUmonth is created, but all its generated values are missing
values. Why?

Thanks in advance,
Eduardo

--