Re: st: Multinomial probit model error

From   Martin Weiss <>
Subject   Re: st: Multinomial probit model error
Date   Sat, 21 Jun 2008 12:26:03 +0200

Not sure about the error, but have you considered using the multinomial logit results? Probit and logit usually give similar results, but I am not quite sure whether this rule carries over to the multinomial case...

Zitat von Humnath Bhandari <>:

Dear List members,
I have 150 sample household with different level of poverty. I have grouped this poverty level into three classes (1, 2, 3). I run multinomial probit regression model with this three categories of poverty as dependent variable and sociodemographic factors as independent variable. I use STATA 9.2 to run this program but it gave me the following error:
<istmt>:  3499  _mprobit_weights_roots_laguerre() not found

My multinomial probit model specification is as follows:
mprobit eplbvarb hdage hdeducyrs age18 hhsize totul valuelskip

But, when I run the multinomial logit model with same variable specification then it works.
I would very much appreciate if anyone can help me to figure out what is my mistake in running the multinomial probit model.
Thank you in advance for your help.

* For searches and help try: