Re: st: a question on t-test

From   Martin Weiss <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: a question on t-test
Date   Fri, 20 Jun 2008 23:42:58 +0200

You might want to look into -anova-, with -oneway- as a simpler entry point, if you have several comparisons to conduct..

Zitat von Lili Yan <[email protected]>:

Hi Richard,

Thank you very much for your prompt response! I did not use -ttest-
for several reasons:

First, I actually have a weight variale in my data and -ttest- does
not allow weights.
Second, I need compare means of many variables, so I want to quietly
run means calculation and comparison, then generate a table with -mat-
commands. In that table, I want to see p-value. So I have to calculate
it as Stata does not save it.

To me, the -lincom- seems to do what I want, but I want to confirm
this with people better in statistics and more familiar with Stata
than me. Please let me know if what I did is correct. Thanks a lot!

Best,
Lili

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 4:24 PM, Richard Williams