st: Coding random sampling with replacement

From   "Fenaba Addo" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Coding random sampling with replacement
Date   Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:20:34 -0400

Hi,

I am looking for an efficient way to select 1000 different random
samples with replacement from a dataset and save each subsample in
order to merge later on with a seperate dataset. My dataset contains
2000 observations, and I only need 700 in each random sample. I have a
dataset containing males and females, however, I only want random
subsamples of the women. I will later use the male observations, so I
do not want to lose the male observations.

So far my coding consists of:
set seed 1234567891
bsample 700 if woman

I am uncertain how proceed from here.