Re: st: bootstraping two stages together

Subject   Re: st: bootstraping two stages together
Date   Wed, 18 Jun 2008 16:55:18 -0400

Danny Cohen-Zada <[email protected]>:
I think that's better than the first approach, but still not a
consistent estimator.  I don't know that anyone has derived one for
the multinomial logit case.  But if you are bound and determined to
proceed without showing consistency, then yes, use the control
function approach like so:

prog inconsist
 syntax varlist, y2(varlist) z(varlist)
 gettoken y x: varlist
 reg `y2' `x' `z'
 tempvar e
 predict double e, resid
 mlogit `y' `y2' `x' `e'
end
bs, reps(100): inconsist outcome xvars, y2(endogvar) z(instr)

But I think you could just run some -ivprobit- regressions instead...
g y0=(outcome==0) if !mi(outcome)
g y1=(outcome==1) if !mi(outcome)
g y2=(outcome==2) if !mi(outcome)