st: Re: weighted curve fitting in stata

From   Chamila Geeganage <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: weighted curve fitting in stata
Date   Tue, 17 Jun 2008 12:53:52 +0100

Dear Statalisters,

I am a stata 10 user for Macintosh.

I am trying to do a random effect meta-analysis of acute stroke trials
and meta-regression analysis of on treatment blood pressure difference
versus odds ratios.

Up to now I could managed to do my meta-analysis and
meta-regression with stata.

Now I need to draw a scatter plot between Blood Pressure difference (X axis)
And Odds ratio (Y axis). I also need to fit a curve to the graph with 95%
confidence interval and need to weight regression line for the inverse of
the variance of individual odds ratios.

I do not know how to calculate inverse of variance for individual odds
ratios in stata or to weight the regression line form it. Can anyone
help me please.

Your help is much appreciated.
Many Thanks
Chamila