st: RE: local macro

From   H�chle, Daniel (MI Switzerland) <[email protected]>
To   "[email protected]" <'[email protected]'>
Subject   st: RE: local macro
Date   Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:36:50 +0200

Thanks a lot, Maarten. It now works perfectly!

I knew that I have to use compound quotes, but my application of them was wrong (disp "`MarkStr'" does not work whereas disp `"`MarkStr'"' returns what I am looking for).

--- daniel hoechle wrote:
> While I can produce local macro MarkStr with content
> "100 250 here-->" by typing
>
> . local MarkStr "100 250 here-->"
>
> I do not manage to produce a macro containing the string:
> "100 250 "here-->""

What you want are called compound quotes, see -help quotes-

local MarkStr `"100 250 "here-->""'
di `"`MarkStr'"'

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Any information in this communication is confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure without our consent. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorised to and must not disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message or any part of it. You are requested to please telephone or email the sender and delete this message and any attachment from your system.

Due to the electronic nature of e-mail, there is a risk that the information contained in this message has been modified. Consequently we can accept no responsibility or liability as to the completeness or accuracy of the information.

A-03-03-E