st: ICD-10 and Global Burden of Disease (GBD)

From   Henrik Stovring <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: ICD-10 and Global Burden of Disease (GBD)
Date   Fri, 13 Jun 2008 08:52:25 +0200

Dear Statalisters,

In a study we want to categorize causes of death coded with ICD-9 and ICD-10 into larger groups as defined by WHO in their Global Burden of Disease project (see for example The correspondence between ICD-9/10 and GBD is documented here: . Now in principle I could just go about coding the translation directly, but I wondered if another industrious statalister had already developed code to do the job? I have tried searching both inside and outside of Stata, but to no avail.

Thanks for any help you may provide.

Henrik St°vring, PhD

Research Unit for General Practice
University of Southern Denmark J.B. Winsl°ws Vej 9A
DK-5000 Odense C
Phone: (+45) 6550 3692
Fax: (+45) 6591 8296 email:

* For searches and help try: