st: User-written commands and vce() support

Subject   st: User-written commands and vce() support
Date   Wed, 11 Jun 2008 18:03:26 -0400

One of the things that impresses me about Stata is that it is easy to write ml programs for it that support all sorts of options (including many that I have no idea what they do!) Anyway, one of my programs is called oglm (available from SSC), and the following two commands both work:

oglm warm yr89 male, vce(oim)
oglm warm yr89 male, vce(robust)

Alas, the following does not:

. oglm warm yr89 male, vce(bootstrap)
vcetype 'bootstrap' not allowed

So, my question is, what do I need to do to tweak my programs to support more of the vce options?
I don't explicitly define vce as an option in my program. Instead, the option gets captured by this command:

mlopts ml_options, `options'

Is mlopts letting some vce options through while blocking others? If so, do I need to explicitly include the vce otion in my syntax statement, and then check to make sure that the options specified are legit? If so, is there some nice code I can just cut and paste?

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]
WWW: http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam