st: RE: Error handling in -simulate-

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Error handling in -simulate-
Date   Wed, 11 Jun 2008 18:11:15 +0200

-bs- employs little red crosses to indicate a failed draw, but continues
afterwards. Yet I think there is information content in a failed
replication. Why did it fail? I would start there. You might also want to
experiment with the -capture- command inside the program called by

Martin Weiss

Diplom-Kaufmann Martin Weiss
Mohlstrasse 36
Room 415
72074 Tuebingen

Fon: 0049-7071-2978184

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Rachel
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 5:47 PM
To: statalist
Subject: st: Error handling in -simulate-

Consider a -simulate- command that stipulates R repetitions. Suppose
that the nth repetition of -simulate- produces an error.  Is there any
way to make Stata simply run that repetition again?  If that's not
possible, is there a way to make Stata continue on to the next
repetition so that the the resulting dataset produces R-1 observations
(instead of the intended R)?

Thanks very much,