Re: st: Auto-run program on the hour, every hour

From   Jeph Herrin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Auto-run program on the hour, every hour
Date   Wed, 11 Jun 2008 09:52:03 -0400

The .bat file should work, but I think you can skip that
step as long as your command is of the form:

  C:\Stata10\wstata.exe do mydofile.do

Note the "do". It's also easier to tinker with the scheduled tasks
if you go to File->New to create the task rather than use the
wizard.

hth,
Jeph

Dan Weitzenfeld wrote:
This is helpful.  My OS is Windows XP.  I'm trying to tinker with the
properties of the scheduled task  to get it to work... right now all
it does is pass the name of the do-file to stata in quotes, and Stata
responds by saying that it's not a valid command.  Does anyone know of
a way around this?