st: RE: String Function

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: String Function
Date   Tue, 10 Jun 2008 17:04:21 +0100

This was discussed a few days ago. Search the June archives for
or see help on -proper()-.

Rijo John

Is there a way to change observations of a string variable into words
with first letter uppercase and the remaining letters lower case.?

Example; if I have the following observations in my string Var1 can I
transform it to Var2 as given below.

world bank
world health organization
asian development bank

World Bank
World Health Organization
Asian Development Bank

Some of the observations in in my var1 also has hyphens in it. (eg:
world-bank) I want that to be changed to World Bank too.