Re: st: working with a vector and scalars

From   "Cathy L. Antonakos" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: working with a vector and scalars
Date   Mon, 9 Jun 2008 19:48:09 -0400 (EDT)

Here's a solution to my question about working with vectors and scalars. Thank you, Austin Nichols, for providing initial code and a hint about difficulty generating element-wise reciprocals.

I initially had a problem using the "placeXhr" variable in the -mean- command, because "placeXhr" is a string variable. That problem is solved by using both "place" and "hour" variables in -mean-.

The reliabilities in the sub-groups turned out to be very similar.

Cathy
----

*Calculate reliabilities for place/hour groups.

egen N = count(crowdindx), by(place hour)
gen nr=1/N
mean nr, over(place hour)
mat b=e(b)
mat N=b'
matrix rownames N = `e(over_labels)'

loneway crowdindx placeXhr
matrix sj = N * (r(sd_w) * r(sd_w)) local tau = r(sd_b) * r(sd_b) matrix t = J(48,1,`tau') matrix J = t,sj matrix rownames J = `e(over_labels)'
matrix colnames J = tau sigma_nj

preserve
drop _all
svmat J, names(col)