Re: st: /* */ comments inside Stata program

From   "Joseph Coveney" <>
To   "Statalist" <>
Subject   Re: st: /* */ comments inside Stata program
Date   Sat, 7 Jun 2008 22:20:43 +0900

Scott Merryman wrote:

It seems to work fine as a do file.

Thanks for looking into it, Scott.  Yeah, it seems that you cannot use any
of the slash-based comments from the command line even when you're putting
them inside a program.  When a program is created at the command line, it
apparently runs as if it were being typed line-by-line at the command line.
I didn't happen to stumble across anything on this particular twist in the
on-line help file, but I'm sure that it's in there someplace.

Joseph Coveney