Re: st: Too many variables

From   Partha Deb <>
Subject   Re: st: Too many variables
Date   Thu, 05 Jun 2008 21:37:37 -0400

Chances are, you don't need nearly the number of variables for your analysis as you have in your dataset. In that case, use the following syntax (from -help use-)

use [varlist] [if] [in] using filename [, clear nolabel]

eg. use var1 var2 var3 using dataset, clear

Georgiana Bostean wrote:

Hi. I have the Intercooled version and I cannot open a dataset because it
has too many variables. What are my options?

Thank you in advance!

*   For searches and help try:
Partha Deb
Department of Economics
Hunter College
ph:  (212) 772-5435
fax: (212) 772-5398

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
None but ourselves can free our minds.
	- Bob Marley