Re: st: esttab "nofirst" error message

From   Michael McCulloch <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: esttab "nofirst" error message
Date   Thu, 5 Jun 2008 18:16:07 -0700

Thanks Ben. No old version lurking on my machine, but
	ssc install estout, replace
did correct the problem.

I cannot replicate the problem. Looks to me like you have mix of
incompatible versions of esttab and estout on your system. Maybe an
old version of estout.ado is lying around in the working directory or
so. Maybe type

 . findfile estout.ado, all

and

 . findfile esttab.ado, all

There should only be one version of each.

In any case, type

 . ssc install estout, replace

and try again.

If the problem persists, execute the following and send me the log (or
the last couple pages of it):

 use hip.dta, replace
 stset time1, id(id) time0(time0) failure(c)
 eststo cox: stcox fracture
 set trace on
 esttab *, se nostar brackets

ben