st: growth rate

From   "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: growth rate
Date   Wed, 4 Jun 2008 07:36:45 -0700

Dear Statalisters,

I have to do a trend analysis on the hospitalization rates in 5 years,
between 2001 and 2005. I have the absolute numbers of hospitalization,
the population of all years and I calculated the hospitalization rates
yearly.
I need to calculate the CI for the growth rate (ex. 12,5% - 13,5% growth
rate from 2001 to 2005) and the p value.
Which test I have to do ?

Thanks a lot,
Rachele

Rachele Capocchi
Agenzia Regionale Sanit� Toscana
"U.O. Centro Statistico Elaborazione Dati"
Sede Operativa - viale Milton,7
50134 Firenze
Tel. 055-4624354
Fax. 055-4624345

Privileged, confidential or patient identifiable information may be contained in this message. This information is meant only for the use of the intended recipients. If you are not the intended recipient, or if the message has been addressed to you in error, do not read, disclose, reproduce, distribute, disseminate or otherwise use this transmission. Instead, please notify the sender by reply e-mail, and then destroy all copies of the message and any attachments.