Re: st: missing values & ice & categorical variables

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: missing values & ice & categorical variables
Date   Tue, 3 Jun 2008 21:04:53 +0100 (BST)

--- Andrea Bennett <[email protected]> wrote:
> There is no way of generating the dummies out of the categorical
> variables and then dealing with the missing values, right? At least
> not, if I would like to work with the "ice" command.

That is not true, -ice- was created to deal with many types of
variables including categorical. Including different types of variables
was actually the reason for devoloping the algorithm that -ice- used.
You can read more about how to use -ice- in the following articles:

Royston, P. 2004. Multiple imputation of missing values. Stata Journal
4(3): 227�241.

Royston, P. 2005. Multiple imputation of missing values: update. Stata
Journal 5(2): 188�201.

Royston, P. 2005. Multiple imputation of missing values: Update of ice.
Stata Journal 5(4): 527-536.

Royston, P. 2007. Multiple imputation of missing values: further update
of ice, with an emphasis on interval censoring. Stata Journal 7(4):
445-464.

You can find these articles here:
http://www.stata-journal.com/archives.html

Hope this helps,