Re: st: RE: how to deal with categories?

From   Andrea Bennett <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: how to deal with categories?
Date   Tue, 3 Jun 2008 15:21:07 +0200

Dear Martin,
I might have confused you. In the case of "age" I indeed have a continuous variable (which is your point) BUT in the case of income I have income-categories (due to survey structure) and have to deal with that. So, in the case of income categories present, would you think including an interaction dummy for the highest category to be sensible (because the category represents individuals with income>=10'000 USD; not like income>3'000<4'000)?

Many thanks in advance!

Andrea