st: merge command when variable already defined

From   Rufus Peabody <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: merge command when variable already defined
Date   Sat, 31 May 2008 14:26:47 -0400

I have a variable that contains values for most of my dataset. I would like to add values where it is presently undefined by match merging with another dataset. However, this does not work since the variable is already defined. The only way around this that I can see is to simply delete the variable entirely. Is there any way around this?

Thanks,
Rufus
*
* For searches and help try: