st: temporary files prob

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: temporary files prob
Date   Sat, 31 May 2008 17:55:00 +0200

Picking up on an older thread:
I do not find it true that "For most users, the need to erase temporary
files never arises." Actually, every now and then, Stata does complain about
a tmp file that already exists. The effect of this error can range from
negligible to disastrous, depending on the kind of analysis I am conducting.
When I am working from the command line, it is easy enough to go to the temp
folder and erase everything in there, but a do-file running while I am away
for lunch can just as easily run into this problem. Is there no way to
prevent this? So far, I have not found a consistent pattern in the incidence
of the problem that would allow me to foresee its occurrence...

Martin Weiss

Diplom-Kaufmann Martin Weiss
Mohlstrasse 36
Room 415