Re: st: Problem with ivreg2

From   "Clive Nicholas" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Problem with ivreg2
Date   Fri, 30 May 2008 10:06:16 +0100

Benjamin Villena Roldan wrote:

> Hello,
> I appreciate if you can help me with this problem. I have Stata/SE 8.0 and
> I've been trying to estimate something using this syntax for ivreg2
>
> ivreg2 y1 x (y2 y3 = z1 z2 z3 z4) [aweight=w] if s==1, r
>
> or
>
> ivreg2 y1 x (y2 y3 = z1 z2 z3 z4) [aweight=w] if s==1, liml
>
> In any case, I get the following message
> unrecognized command:  mata
> (error occurred while loading ivreg2.ado)
> r(199);
>
> I've re-installed the package and I still cannot make it work.
> Is ivreg2 supposed to work with my Stata version?

You should have stated, for the record, that -ivreg2- is a
user-written pacakge available from SSC, as per Statalist practice.

Try updating your Stata 8.0 to 8.2 (-update q-) and then see what
happens with -ivreg2-.

Mata was introduced in Stata 9. I suspect that these add-on features
of -ivreg2- that you wish to use are only available from version 9
onwards.

--
Clive Nicholas

<[email protected]>. Thanks!]

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
-- Winston Churchill